In years past, the black suit was a standard choice for men when trying to figure out what to wear for the day. Today that is no longer the case. Modern men tend to avoid black suits, believing that they are too formal to wear for most occasions. Most men also want to be “comfortable,” which means they want clothes that are easy to wear. However, what’s easier to wear than a matching pair of pants and jacket that look exactly alike? The answer is nothing. A black suit is the easiest thing for men to wear on the job or for play. Continue reading →
Last week, we discussed the types of holiday gifts men don’t want. So, what do men what as holiday gifts? That can be a difficult question to answer since all men are different and finding that perfect manly gift can be difficult. However, this week we take a look at gifts that could be in great demand this holiday season.
1. The Techie – Most men love playing with new technology and new gadgets. If you have the budget to spend, consider giving an iPad Air or the new Lenovo Yoga 2. Both tablets/computers are in great demand this holiday season. The iPad Air is easily the best full-size iPad yet and it now matches the design of the iPad Mini. This year’s version has a snappy A7 processor and M7 coprocessor, while keeping the same multi-day battery life. If your man is anti-Apple, try the Lenovo Yoga 2 for the person who can’t decide between a laptop and a tablet. It has multiple usage positions and this Ultrabook can go from perched on your lap to touch screen in an instant! It’s definitely a holiday gift worth giving.
2. The Sports Fanatic – Do you have a sports fanatic in your family? Consider giving him an individually handcrafted leather baseball, football or basketball from craftsman Paul Cunningham. In case you haven’t heard of Paul Cunningham, he was a photo editor for Major League Baseball who eventually left photography to be the senior baseball glove craftsman at a small baseball glove importer. From there he started his own business, Leather Head Sports, designing and individually crafting leather balls.
Cunningham’s balls are in great demand because they aren’t just the regular run of the mill sports equipment. He personally chooses the leather hides for the balls from a boot leather tannery in Maine. The balls can also be personalized by choosing your favorite team colors for the balls seaming and leather. This is the perfect manly gift that is also one of a kind this holiday season.
3. The Caffeine Addict – If the man in your life loves coffee, consider gifting him the ROK Espresso Maker that looks like an oversized wine opener. This is considered the Rolls Royce of coffee makers and can be in great demand this holiday season. It gives you full control over how your espresso is made by making you an active participant not just a button pusher. The ROK is easy to use and comes with a 10-year guarantee, a reusable storage tin and accessories.
4. The Adrenaline Junkie – If you really want to give the perfect manly gift that’s fun, adventurous and out of the box, consider giving your special man an introductory flight lesson or a race driving session. Either of these gifts will get you put on their “favorite person” list. They both give that special man in your life the chance to live out a fantasy and Cloud9 Living is the place to turn. This company offers unique, memorable experiences that are in great demand as gifts. The best part? They have locations all over the country.
And don’t forget, if you’re looking for a great stocking stuffer this holiday season, CLEVERFIT Collar Stays are the perfect manly gift. Our quick-sizing capability eliminates the need for keeping up with multiple sets of fixed length stays, giving men the confident, crisp appearance that they are looking for. And right now CLEVERFIT is on holiday special at 20% off the regular price of $49.95, making them just $39.95 with free shipping too! Click here to contact us and check out our video to more about CLEVERFIT.
Do you have an idea for a perfect manly gift? If so, we want to hear it!
Photo Credit: CS_McMahon
The holidays are here and many of you are scrambling to get your holiday gift ideas set in stone. Shopping for men can be challenging even though many men insist that they aren’t picky about their holiday gifts. But before you go out and buy Dad that new tie, take some time to think about the gift you are giving. No one wants to see that special man in their life open up a present, smile and nod their head as they put the gift aside. So here is a list of seven holiday gift ideas to stay away from.
1. Cologne – Unless you know exactly what brand and scent your man likes, stay away from this holiday gift idea. Scent is a very personal thing. You won’t wear just any kind of perfume and your man will not wear random cologne. It’s also been scientifically proven that when you smell a scent it can bring up memories of a time and place. The last thing you want is to remind them of an ex or a bad experience. So stay away from cologne because it will likely end up unused on their dresser.
2. Ties – Yes, this is a big one. I hate to tell you, but men don’t want ties for Christmas, Hanukkah or Kwanza. File this under, “boring,” and, “one of the most forgettable holiday gift ideas.” No man is going to get excited about something they have to wear for work. Yes, it’s useful but it’s not the type of gift they are looking forward too.
3. Clothes – Along with ties comes the next holiday gift idea to stay away from: clothes. Unlike most women who love being given clothes and get excited about receiving that new sweater, men usually don’t. It’s also likely you’ll pick something out they won’t wear or that doesn’t fit with their current wardrobe. Plus most men don’t get excited about clothes. If you want a, “WOW!” reaction, stay away from that cute V-neck sweater.
4. Tools – Have you been shopping at Home Depot and thought, “This is a great place for holiday gift ideas for Dad?” Think again! Though many men enjoy their power tools, giving them as a holiday gift is like saying, “Hey, I have a ton of home projects for you to complete and here’s a tool to get started.” Don’t give a gift that really has you in mind and not the person you’re giving it to.
5. Bath/Skin Care Products – Have you ever seen bath products or skin care products on a man’s holiday wish list? No, I haven’t either. So don’t spend any time thinking about giving him the gift of a stress relieving lavender bubble bath because let’s face it, men don’t go crazy for bubbles or facial lotions.
6. Mug – Another holiday gift idea to pass up on is the go-to coffee mug. It’s like saying, “Hey special man in my life, I couldn’t think of anything good to give you so I went with a classic mug to put your coffee in. Aren’t I thoughtful?” The truth is, no you are not. Don’t buy him a mug; instead think about buying him what goes in the mug, like maybe a supply of his favorite drink.
7. Gift Cards/Certificates – Last, but definitely not least on the holiday gift ideas to stay away from for men, is the holiday gift card or gift certificate. Though it is easy, simple and less of a hassle than buying a gift, it gives the impression that you didn’t care enough to buy something he might like.
So listen up this season, step up your holiday gift ideas game and really think about what he might like. Here’s a hint: the more fun it is, the better.
CLEVERFIT is the world’s first precision fit adjustable collar stay. It’s unique patent pending design provides an innovative solution to end decades of frustration. Click here to contact us and check out our video to more about CLEVERFIT.
Photo Credit: toritoons